19-20 May BMXing Park Blegny will host Rounds 7&8 of the BMX EUROPEAN CUP
More info coming soon
BMX’ing Park Blegny
The BMX club of Blegny and the city of Blegny are proud to welcome you to the BMX’ing PARK BLEGNY for the rounds 7 and 8 of UEC European cup 2018.
Located in the countryside near the center of Blegny (next to the cemetery), rue des frères Hackin, the track is 10 minutes from the highway.
Built in 2003, our tracks is located in a beautiful place, surrounded by green spaces.
The track is 380m length and has been relooked for these series, with a large rhythm section in the third straight.
In two words, this track is fast and safe!
The city of Blegny
At the borders of the Netherlands and Germany, in between Vesdre and Meuse, the Pays de Hervereveals a country of groves, hedges and orchards, expanded a remarkable heritage: 3 of the most beautiful Villages of Wallonia, the Abbey of Val-Dieu, BlegnyMine, the Three Bornes and the historic hearts of its communes. Brotherhoods, gildes, fairs, markets and carnivals (including the Cavalcade) testify to traditions of a rich past … A past whose Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, the forts and museums remind us of the hours the darker. A network of walking routes and Cycling will delight nature lovers, and the ends gourmets will revel in local produce must-haves: Herve cheese, syrup, cider, beers, wines and chocolates. You would have understood it : your destination of a day or more is the Country Herve!
Blegny-Mine Witness of the coal industry in Liège, Blegny-Mine is one of the few coal mines in Europethe underground galleries, located at -30 and -60m, are accessible to visitors via the original well. The site is recognized as World Heritage by Unesco since 2012. For individuals and families, visit guided tour of the mine, permanent exhibition, walk in tortailleur, discovery of the biotope of the terril four languages: French, Dutch, English and German. For groups, guided tour of the mine in French, Dutch, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese from 15 people, on booking. The mine museum is closed in 2018 because of transformations.
The Commune of Blegny results from the merger of the communes of Barchon, Blegny-Trembleur, Housse, Mortier, Saive and Saint-Remy, on January 1, 1977. Thus was born the « Grand Blegny », while « Blegny » was first a small hamlet of Trembleur (whose name goes back to the Roman antiquity of Blanius). This « entity » with semi-rural and hilly landscapes has an area of 2607 hectares. As of January 1, 2018, its population is 13,311 inhabitants. Over the last forty years, the municipal institutions have been responsible for numerous sports infrastructures and the promotion of sport at school, through internships and via clubs and associations. On its track built in 2003 and soon on the one under construction at Saive Barracks, BMXing Park Blegny is an excellent example.
Place de la Gare 1 B-4650 Herve
T.+32 (0)87 69 31 70 – www.paysdeherve.be
Organisation: BMX’ing Park Blegny
Location: rue des Frères Hackin – 4670 BLEGNY
Competition: UEC BMX 2018 European Cup Rounds 7 & 8
Date: 18, 19 & 20 MAY 2018
- Name: Jean-Paul COLSON
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.bmxblegny.be
- Phone: 0032475302678
UEC Event Manager: Mrs. Jolanda Polkamp, email: email@example.com
National Federation: Belgian cycling
From Antwerp, take the E313 towards Luik àE25 E40 towards Aachen/Maastricht highway exit 36 BLEGNY, follow the signposts for “BMX’ing Park Blegny” and the event signs.
From Bruxelles, take the E40 towards Aachen/Maastricht àE25 E40 towards Aachen/Verviers, highway exit 36 BLEGNY, follow the signposts for “BMX’ing Park Blegny” and the event signs.
From Aachen, take the E40 towards Lüttich-Liège/Verviers, highway exit 36 BLEGNY, follow the signposts for “BMX’ing Park Blegny” and the event signs.
The provisions of the UCI’s BMX Rulebook in its latest version apply with a few amendments:
- All Championship categories are seeded according to the current UCI Individual ranking.
The event on the second day is seeded using the Final Classification of the event on the first day;
- For all Challenge categories scrambled seeding is used for the motos.
The number of heats during the Motos and the number of riders in each such heat shall be determined as per Annex 1, based upon the number of riders entered and confirmed in the category following riders confirmation. Likewise, the number of riders who will transfer from the Motos into the Qualifiers or the Final (whichever the case may be), is chosen according to Annex 1. However, the riders are randomly distributed through these heats, such that the heats are not the same within each of the three Rounds of the Motos (source: UCI Rulebook article: 6.1.027quater).
For more explanation of the scrambled moto and transfer system please refer to UCI Rulebook article 6.1.033
- Rider’s equipment:
- The use of interlocking pedal-cleat systems is allowed for categories 13 years and over.
- All riders receive a number plate and side plate from UEC at registration of the UEC BMX European Cup Race. In all UEC sanctioned BMX events a rider must display the number plate and side plate assigned to him. A rider who fails to display the correct number plates will be refused their start, or relegated, if it is noticed after beginning a heat or run.
- all Championship and Challenge riders must either wear a clearly visible national flag of their country on both shoulders or the national jersey of their country otherwise they will not be allowed to start.
If a Championship rider is National Champion in their class, this rider must wear either:
o the jersey awarded by the federation,
o a replica of that jersey with publicity in the spaces allowed by the regulations,
o their normal jersey with the left sleeve designed to look like the flag of their country.
- When an 8 meter start hill is available, this start hill will be used by the Championship Classes. In case of bad weather conditions the UEC technical delegate and UCI PCP can decide in consultation with the riders to use the 5m starting hill, for safety reasons.
- Number of motos: in case of special conditions (weather, wind or else) or a high number of participants, the UEC BMX Commission allows the PCP in agreement with the UEC Technical delegate to reduce the number of motos. This can only apply for challenge classes and never for championship classes.
- Team Managers meeting will be on Friday 18th May at 16:00.
The participation is mandatory for:
- 1 National Delegate (Chef d’Equipe)
- 1 Team Manager of the UEC registered team
- personal coaches with UEC accreditation
If necessary, the UEC Technical delegate and PCP can decide to call for other meetings during the event.
Located in the nature near the city center of Blegny, rue des frères Hackin.